As the word “overworking” can be described as working beyond your capability and more than your regular working hours. There are various reasons why we are working too hard in our capacity of work, we either have a workload, a deadline that approaches or this is how we depict our enthusiastic approach.
In this blog post, you’ll know everything about the effects of overworking and how to avoid it?
- The major symptoms and social aspects
- How overworking effects your health and business
- Practical aspects of how to decrease stress caused by overworking
Supplementary working hours and spending too much time at your workplace can make you feel overwhelmed. Apart from tiredness, there are numerous side effects of working overtime. The reason is that you should be able to examine the most common signs of overworking and effectively dealing with them.
The major symptoms you might face due to overworking are:
- Sleep Deprivation
- Lack of Energy
- Poor Immune System
We recently published Employees Productivity – 6 Key Strategies to Manage Employees and get rid of these overworking problems
Overworking Causes Lack of Energy
Working extra hours per week will often times leave you feeling exhausted and deprived of working tirelessly throughout the day.
Tips to avoid lack of energy
- Try to isolate your work standards from your personal life.
- You think about your priorities and organize your tasks according to the most important ones are for the beginning of the day. If you run out of time, don’t worry about the less important assignments can wait until tomorrow.
- You must analyze how much time you have invested on each task by using the work hour’s tracker. When it comes to those more time-consuming tasks can do them in the morning you’ll be fresh.
- Whenever you’re having a day off, you don’t have to frequently work, don’t check your emails, too.
Inducement of Sleep Deprivation and Insomnia
When you feel though you’re tired because of overworking, you can’t fall asleep this leads towards sleep deprivation and insomnia, because your brain is still processing all the information from that particular day.
Tips to dealing with insomnia:
- Try to meditate yourself or do exercises or yoga.
- Take a cup of warm team and choose between chamomile, lavender, rooibos red, passionflower, mint tea or any similar instance.
Feelings of distraction
When you feel overloaded because of overworking, you’ll find it difficult to focus and start forgetting even the small consequences such as names and dates. This happens when you have a lot on your plate on daily basis, so your brain has to process enormous amount of data. This results, you aren’t be able to focus and you might feel distraction on certain instances.
Tips to stay focused
- You need to take at least 7 hours of daily sleep.
- Enlist things that’s important such as a to-do list, a meeting schedule, a shopping list, etc.
- Set a timer whenever you need a particular reminder for an essential meeting. For instance, set your timer 30 minutes before the meeting, so you can easily prepare at your end.
Poor Immune System
If you experience symptoms like anxiety, headaches, chest pains, stomach issues that can all be tied to have a stressful, devastating lifestyle because of overworking. Stress can also weaken your immune system this means that your body won’t be able to defeat itself from sickness.
Tips to boost your immune system
- Have a break whenever you are free and get sufficient amount of sleep.
- Take more vitamins into your daily diet choose citrus fruits, almonds, and other immune system intakes.
Insomnia, sleep deprivation, lack of energy, and a poor immune system are generic and the most common symptoms of overworking. This problem is not only bad for your entire health, but it also has a negative impact on your business. Your productivity levels will only go down with additional hours you spend at your workplace. If you aren’t able to deal with your workload, don’t hesitate to inform you lead, always find the right instance to explain your circumstances.